Pages

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Oh how I love Lightroom!

Lightroom is an amazing software. It allows you to do some pretty amazing things to really help an image go from to good to great. I had some original edits recently that I just didn't love as much as I wanted. They were okay, but the drab gray sky and rainy day look were washing out that precious little face. So I got back into Lightroom and played around with the images... here is what I came up with.


The sky and her skin tone weren't working together too well so I used the graduated filter to cool down the top if each image. I bumped up the saturation and the shadows and came up with a happy blue sky. Much prettier than that depressing sky before!

Next I used the adjustment brush (possibly my favorite thing!) to warm up only her face and adjust a little of the exposure. Then I used the same tool to help the grass out a little too. The after picture has a more richer, greener tone to the field.

I cropped the picture up a little to focus more on her and done! Seriously... how amazing is Lightroom! I don't rely on it to make my pictures look good, that has to be done when I take the picture, but it sure helps when nature wants to rain on picture day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment